Websites & E-commerce
What do you see in a really good website? What can it tell you about a company?
Here’s five things a good website does for your business:
1. Proves direction & purpose: when so many companies look the same, a website is an outstanding opportunity to show how you are different and a chance to declare your values or what you stand for.
2. Demonstrates initiative: in industries such as ours, a lack of initiative can be a fatal! Make evident the fact that you’re responsibly going above and beyond to ensure the best for your customers, anticipating potential needs can make a acceptional impression.
3. Establishes authority: There’s nothing like good old fashioned advice and expertise, blog posts and FAQ pages are a perfect means for this. It’s not necessarily about giving your trade secrets away but a website is an ideal place for you to share your tried and true experiences.
4. Strengthens brand: you can always tell a company with a well-considered brand because you see some of yourself in it and feel yourself naturally drawn to it over others. Give some thought to what it would take for your customers to see themselves as part of your business.
5. Justifies decision-making: Ultimately.. The purpose of a website is for others to find you and your business, so why wouldn’t you consider it from their Point of View (POV)? Why not even go a step further and ask them?
A well designed and thought out website has undoubtedly been the benchmark for ‘being online’ over many years, but ‘business as usual’ in the current information age has since evolved into much more.
The new ‘digital innovation’ era is about proactively engaging beyond your own web space, and assumes you’re now:
- Being found on Google for search terms which you control
- Conducting open conversations via the business page of your Facebook or Linkedin account
- Tweeting, re-tweeting and conversing official policy, opinion or POV via Twitter
- Regularly publishing and broadcasting self-developed content such as blog posts, press releases or case studies
- Offering a newsletter and/or email updates which keep you in mind for new and repeat business